Our improved Christmas food range has been recognised with a host of awards in the Good Housekeeping Institute’s Christmas taste test.
The awards are a mark of quality and taste, with the judges tasting each product completely blind.
Our Asda Extra Special Cranberry Port With Ruby Port Cranberry Sauce was a winner in its category and we were highly commended for our smoked salmon, free range turkey, mince pies, stuffing and brandy butter.
We’ve made a series of improvements to our Christmas range this year – we’ve filled our mince pies to the brim and have smoked our salmon for longer than any other retailer.
We’ve also introduced premium lines such as panettone and prosecco Christmas pudding and prawn and avocado terrine.
We were praised at The Good Housekeeping Institute’s Christmas taste test awards for the following products:
- Extra Special Cranberry Sauce (£1.00) – Winner
- Extra Special Free Range British Corn-fed Bronze Turkey (£6-£9 per Kilo) – Runner up
- Extra Special Rich & Intense Smoked Salmon (£4.00) – Highly commended
- Extra Special Mince Pies (£1.25) – Highly commended
- Free From Mince Pies (£1.75) – Highly commended
- French Brandy Butter (£1.75) – Highly commended
- Extra Special Venison Stuffing with Caramelised Onion (£2.78 or 2 for £5.00) – Highly commended
- Extra Special Caorunn Gin & Orange Smoked Salmon (£3.00) – Highly commended
- Extra Special Mild & Delicate Smoked Salmon (£4.00) – Highly commended