We’re absolutely thrilled to have taken the top spot as Retailer of the Year at the prestigious Q Awards, which recognise the highest quality products in the UK grocery market.
The judges at the 2016 Quality Food Awards last night said they were “hugely impressed” by the creativity, innovation and high quality of Asda’s products across all of the award categories.
They also voted Asda top in 12 categories including awards for two of our new fresh meat products – Extra Special Lamb Guard of Honour with Redcurrant and Mint and Extra Special Golden Apron Outdoor Bred Pork Loin Joint with Yorkshire Black Pudding, Caramelised Bramley Apple and Lovage Stuffing won in the lamb and pork categories. Both products were developed with the acclaimed chef James Mackenzie, who runs the Michelin-starred Pipe and Glass Inn in East Yorkshire.
The awards are a reflection of the hard work that’s gone in to making our products better this year – alongside our famously low prices.
The judges recognised the quality of our new festive range, with the Christmas Q Meat Award going to our Extra Special British Venison with Mulled Fruit Stuffing, Oak Smoked Bacon & Cranberry and Prosecco Sauce, and our Extra Special Gingerbread Extra Thick Cream picking up the Christmas Q Sweet Award.
And the Gold Q for Value award went to our Smart Price Toffee.
Here’s the full list of winning products:
- Gold Q Value – Smart Price Toffee – 50p for 250g bag
- Christmas Q Meat – Asda Extra Special British Venison with Mulled Fruit Stuffing, Oak Smoked Bacon and Cranberry and Prosecco Sauce
- Christmas Q Sweet – Asda Extra Special Gingerbread Extra Thick Cream
- Meat (Lamb) – Asda Extra Special Lamb Guard of Honour with Redcurrant & Mint Butter – £6.90 for 460g
- Meat (Pork) – Asda Extra Special Golden Apron Outdoor Bred Pork Loin Joint with Yorkshire Black Pudding, Caramelised Bramley Apple and Lovage Stuffing – £5.25 for 750g
- Frozen fish – Asda Extra Special Red Snapper – £9 for 526g
- Frozen pies – Asda Steak and Bishop’s Finger Ale Pie – 2 for £2
- Oils and vinegars – Asda Extra Special Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil – £3 for 500ml
- Soups (ambient) – Asda Lentil Dahl Soup – 72p for 400g tin
- Soups (chilled) – Asda Chicken Tikka Soup – £1.38 for 600g tub
- Relishes and chutneys – Asda Extra Special Flame Roasted Tomato & Habanero Chilli Chutney – £1.40 for 300g
- Grocery – Asda Mackerel in BBQ Sauce 65p for 125g