Through a £6.17m investment, Asda is ensuring customers don’t have to pay more for the food they love if they have an intolerance by lowering the prices of Free From essentials from Monday 12th October.
Asda has slashed the price of 62 Free From staples including pasta, flour, milk alternatives, cereals and breads among others. This move means customers who have a dietary requirement or buy these lines for lifestyle reasons will not have to pay more than the equivalent non free from option.
With a 78% decrease in the price of Free From Flour (was £1.50, now 33p), a 67% price cut on family favourite Free From Frosted Flakes (was £1.80 now 59p) and 53% price reduction on Free From Bread (was £1.93 now 89p), Asda is leading the way in ensuring Free From shoppers can get
everything they need at an affordable price.
Key products include:
· Free From Gluten Free Flour was £1.50, now 33p
· Free From pasta range was £1, now 53p or 2 for £1
· Free From Meat Gravy 170g was £1.20 now 60p
· Free From Special Flakes was £1.80, now 62p
· Free From Choco Snaps was £1.80, now 87p
· Free From White Rolls was £1.50, now 96p
· Free From Grated Cheese was £2, now £1.40
· Free From Freida the Caterpillar Cake was £6.25, now £5.92
Rebecca Long, Senior Buying Manager, Free From at Asda said:
"With more people than ever buying Free From foods, we’re pleased we can help make these more affordable by lowering our prices, matching the prices of selected lines gram for gram against the non Free From equivalent."
“We believe there should be no reason for our customers to pay more for food if they have an intolerance and want to ensure our customers can get everything they need under one roof, regardless of dietary requirements or lifestyle choice.”
The lowered prices across 62 Asda Free From products will be live in store and online from Monday 12th October