Christmas is coming early for lunch lovers, as Asda begins selling its range of festive sarnies, including a NEW Vegan Bubble and Squeak Sandwich, providing a tasty on-the-go option for everyone.
Fully accredited by the Vegan Society, the sandwich contains sage and onion infused bread, a winter vegetable fritter, Christmas-spiced braised red cabbage, and a Christmas-spiced chutney, before being finished with spinach and a vegan sage and onion mayonnaise. Oozing with Christmas spirit, this festive delight is set to send customers crackers, and at only £2.50, is one of the cheapest vegan options on the market.
Also new to the range is the Free-From Turkey and Stuffing Sandwich, giving customers eating a gluten-free diet a slice of the much-loved classic Christmas flavours.
Claire Wilkinson, Category Planner at Asda, says, “With more and more customers following plant-based diets, and the dietary requirements of the nation everchanging, we’re committed to ensuring there’s something on our shelves for everyone. We know that Christmas sandwiches mark the start of the season for Brits, so we wouldn’t want anyone missing out on the festive fun.”
The full Christmas sandwich range includes:
· Turkey and Trimmings sandwich, £2.50
· Free-From Turkey and Stuffing Sandwich, £2.50
· Vegan Festive Bubble and Squeak sandwich, £2.50
· Brie and Cranberry sandwich, £2.00
· Pork and stuffing sandwich, £2.00
· Prawn Cocktail sandwich, £2.00
· Christmas Triple sandwich (prawn cocktail/ turkey lunch/ cheese board), £2.90
· Triple Turkey Wrap, £2.90
· For those catering for a crowd, Asda’s 20-piece sandwich platter has returned – filled with classic festive flavours and perfect for any Christmas party table, £6.00.
Asda’s Christmas Food to Go range is available in Asda stores from 5th November.
Products available in selected Asda stores