- Asda has unveiled a range of brand-new vegan products for Veganuary
- There are also plenty of Rollback offers across vegan products
- The supermarket was also named Vegan Retailer of the Year in the 2021 Quality Food Awards
Asda has revealed a range of brand new and exciting Plant Based products for 2022, with a record number of people said to be taking part in Veganuary this year. The products hit shelves in store and online this month, alongside a range of discounts of vegan products.
Perhaps one of the most exciting products launching is Asda’s Plant Based Meat-Free Beef Style Steak. Priced at just £3 for 226g, these “steaks” are made with seasoned soya, making them high in protein and absolutely perfect for sizzling along with all the trimmings.
For those fancying a Veganuary fakeaway, Asda’s Plant Based Meat-Free Chinese Style Duckless Pancakes have it covered. Strips of seasoned soya paired with a delectable sticky hoi sin sauce and Chinese style pancakes make for the perfect meat-free Chinese banquet. The duckless pancakes are available for £3 for a 260g pack.
Other new vegan lines that hit Asda shelves during January include:
- Plant Based Meat-Free Steak & Gravy Slices - 2x150g for £1.75
- Asda Plant Based Two Sheese® and Onion Bakes 260g for £1.50
- Asda Plant Based Coleslaw – 300g for 95p
- Asda Chilli Non-Carne - 400g £1.75
- Asda Plant Based Six Meat Free Sausages (300g) - £1.75
- Asda Plant Based Two Meat Free Chicken Style Burgers (200g) - £1.75
As well as launching several new products, Asda is running significant discounts across various vegan lines throughout January, to help encourage those hoping to pursue a plant-based diet. Asda Plant Based Bacon is on offer from £2.50 to £1.97, while selected vegan ready meals, such as Asda Plant Based Sweet Potato Katsu Curry or Asda Plant Based Smoky Tofu Burrito, are available for just £2.
In November 2021, Asda was awarded Retailer of the Year and Vegan Retailer of the Year at the prestigious Quality food awards, in recognition of its range of quality vegan and free from alternatives for customers. Among its 113 awards in total, Asda scooped wins for its Plant Based Moroccan Butternut Salad, Plant Based Fishless Fillets and Vegan Katsu Kiev.