Asda has rolled out its new loyalty programme ‘Asda Rewards’ to all 633 stores across the UK and online via its Asda.com website.
The programme, which has been trialled in several different regions since last October, has already seen more than 1 million customers sign up to the Asda Rewards app.
Customers using Asda Rewards earn pounds, rather than points, building up a Cashpot to spend in store or online, simply by doing their usual grocery shop. Since launching late last year, Asda Rewards users have built up over £4m in their Cashpots.
Shoppers can earn Asda Rewards every time they shop by scanning their app when they check out. They will be rewarded in three simple ways easy ways:
· By completing in-app missions, such as:
- The ‘Back to School’ mission, where customers receive £5 into their Cashpots when they spend £25 on George school uniform.
- Fruit and Veg Bonus – buying any 10 fruit and veg products will earn £1.50 for the Cashpot.
· By buying ‘Star Products’ which are highlighted throughout the store:
- There are over 400 ‘Star Products’ available across own brand and branded lines - where customers will receive 10% back into their Cashpot when they add any of these products to their basket.
Customers can keep track of their Cashpots as they shop and use the savings to create a voucher giving them money off their next shop. For online customers, the Asda Rewards app will link to their Asda.com account, making it even easier to earn rewards time they shop.
Mark Baxter, Senior Director for Loyalty at Asda, said: “We’re incredibly excited to be able to give all our customers access to Asda Rewards across the UK so they can start to earn Rewards & build their Cashpot. We know that times are tough for families right now, so it’s great to be able to reward them for simply shopping with us.”
Asda also recently launched a new credit card in conjunction with Asda Rewards, where customers can earn money back into their Cashpot every time they spend. Customers will receive 1% back on all Asda purchases, including fuel, optical and other services, along with 0.3% back on spend outside Asda.