- Asda announces its Valentine’s Day Meal Deal, which includes a starter, main, two sides, dessert, and either a bottle of wine or box of chocolates for only £15
- Asda Rewards app users will also earn £1.50 in their cash pot when picking up the deal, making it even better value
- Notable new items include the Vegan Mushroom Arancini Hearts, 30-Day Dry Aged Sirloin, Chantaney Carrots with Citrus Yuzu, and Dark Belgian Chocolate Hearts
- The deal will run online and in-store from 9th until 14th February.
This year Asda is pulling out all the stops for those looking to celebrate love with its Valentine’s Day Meal Deal, which includes a starter, main, two sides, dessert, and wine or chocolates for only £15. The deal features 17 all-new options, plus returning favourites and vegan offerings across all courses of the meal - including wine.
For starters, there are five options to choose from. Cheese fans will love the new Truffle Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Slow Cooked British Beef, which are baked into small bite-sized cups. For those who fancy something extra indulgent, there’s the Chicken Liver Parfait with Raspberry Jelly, perfect to enjoy with freshly-toasted, thick-cut baguette slices. For plant-based lovers, Asda’s new Vegan Mushroom Arancini Hearts with Truffle Dip delights are sure to set the scene for a romantic evening.
Now, onto the main event with eight options on offer. Standout selections include:
- The 30-Day Dry Aged Sirloin with Smoked Garlic Butter, which has been aged for 30 days for a deeply rich and succulent flavour.
- The Wild & Roast Garlic Stuffed Yorkshire Bred Pork Kiev Cutlets. Topped with a Sicilian lemon, garlic, and herb crumb, this dish is the epitome of excellence.
- The British Duck Breasts with Morello Cherry Sauce, sure to impress any date!
Shoppers can also choose from the Aberdeen Angus Beef Burger with Smokey Bacon & Cheese Heart, Braised British Beef Cheek Parcel with a Creamy Porcini Mushroom & Peppercorn Sauce, Cod Fillet with Samphire & Sicilian Lemon & Marjoram Butter, Plant Based Wellington with Mushroom Duxelle, or Nduja Stuffed Chicken Parcel. Each of the main options come with two servings and contain all relevant sauces and garnishes, so it’s all ready to go.
When it comes to a little something on the side, Asda’s got it covered. For the Valentine’s deal, there are some seasonal offerings on the table, such as the new Chantaney Carrots with Citrus Yuzu – a yummy flavour sure to compliment any main. Another standout option is the all-new Truffle Mac & Cheese, for those looking for something indulgent. Of course, no selection would be complete without sides available from all year round, such as the Triple Cooked Chips and the Dauphinoise Potatoes.
Saving the best until last, the dessert. Take a romantic trip to Italy without leaving the house with the Italian Espresso Tiramisu Cups – intense layers of coffee sauce, mascarpone mousse and coffee-soaked sponge cake, Marsala wine, and a cocoa powder dusting make for the ultimate treat. As it is Valentine’s Day, shoppers can’t go wrong with heart-shaped chocolate treats: enter the Dark Belgian Chocolate Heart with Raspberry. Dusted in pink shimmer, these chocolates are deluxe delights sure to end the night off on the right note.
It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without a box of chocolates – or for some, maybe a bottle of wine feels more appropriate this year. Whatever the case, shoppers can round out the meal deal with their choice of either a bottle of wine, such as the Extra Special Malbec Merlot or Extra Special Sauvignon Blanc, or a box of the new Extra Special Chocolates.
Not only has Asda kept the price of its stunning meal deal at £15 this year, but the supermarket has gone one step further: couples get the ultimate date night deal with a free Sky Movies voucher when shopping the meal deal*.
What’s more, shoppers using the Asda Rewards app will earn £1.50 in their cash pot when purchasing the deal, making the dine-in offer even better value for money.
For just £15, Asda’s meal deal means you don’t have to spend a fortune to have a delicious Valentine’s Day dinner. The deal will run online at www.asda.com and in-store from 9th until 14th February.