Asda has announced the launch of nine new products across its OMV! and Plant Based By Asda ranges – just in time for BBQ season.
- As the weather hots up, Asda has introduced nine new products across its OMV! and Plant Based by Asda vegan ranges
- With Google searches for ‘vegetarian BBQ ideas’ up 300% in the last month, the new arrivals are just in time for BBQ season*
- Highlights include fiery OMV! No-Pork Chilli Sausages, fragrant Plant Based by Asda Bombay Inspired Meat-Free Bangers and succulent OMV! No-Beef Burgers
- To inspire shoppers to fire up the grill, Asda’s Senior Director of Food Trends and Innovation, Jonathan Moore, shares his top tips for hosting the perfect meat-free BBQ
- The OMV! and Plant Based by Asda ranges are available to shop in store and online now here
The weather is hotting up, and BBQs around the country are being dusted off for their moment in the sun.
Now, as Google searches for ‘vegetarian BBQ ideas’ soar by 300%*, Asda has announced the launch of nine new products across its vegan ranges, OMV! and Plant Based by Asda.
New for May 2023 and approved by the Good Housekeeping Institute, Asda’s OMV! No-Pork Chilli Sausages (£2.50) are blended with fiery green Jalapeños, red chillies and smoky chipotle – perfect for spice lovers.
Making a deliciously flavoursome meat alternative, the new, fragrant Plant Based by Asda Bombay Inspired Meat-Free Bangers (£2.35) are blended with roasted sweet potatoes, roasted cauliflower, spinach and spices for extra flavour.
If burgers are more your thing, why not try the Plant Based by Asda Spiced Bean Burgers (£2.35). Shoppers are already praising these succulent bean burgers with spicy chillies, with one shopper commenting that they are “the best meat free burgers [they] have ever had.” **
Those wanting to indulge in traditional BBQ meatiness can opt for the OMV! No Beef Burgers (£1.85) or the Plant Based by ASDA Mushroom Sausages (£1.85). Asda’s meat-free alternatives are perfect when served with the OMV! Deliciously Vegan Burger Mayo (£1.50) or sandwiched between one of the OMV! Deliciously Vegan Brioche Burger Buns (£1.15).
To celebrate the arrival of BBQ season, Asda’s Senior Director of Food Trends and Innovation, Jonathan Moore, shares his top three tips on how to master the ultimate vegan BBQ:
“Don’t be tempted to start cooking on your BBQ until the flames have died down, you want to cook over the coals when they are grey in colour”
“Don’t cook your food straight from the fridge to the BBQ, you want your food out of the fridge for 10-15 minutes before you start cooking”
“Cook over direct and indirect heat depending on what you are cooking and how thick it is. When the coals are cooling slightly, you can drop vegetables like peppers and aubergine straight on and cook directly on them. This blisters the skin and adds another layer of flavour”