As the nation kicks off into football fever, Asda have called extra time on the celebrations ahead of England’s first ever Euro tournament final on Sunday against Italy with its Operation 'It Asda Be Coming Home'.
With millions of people across the country planning parties, BBQs and get togethers, Operation ‘It Asda Be Coming Home’ will provide customer with everything they need to celebrate in style.
Football Frenzy Food Deals
- Asda’s new “It’s Coming Home” Curry bundle. At just £6 this online deal includes all the goodies you could want for a curry night in; with an Onion “Bellingham” bhaji, Tikka “Maguire” Masala, “Jordan” Jalfrezi or Pilau “Declan Pilau Rice” for a footie twist on a familiar favourite.
- Vindaloo Nah Nah. Ahead of Sunday, Asda are expected to sell over half a million curries as it starts to hot up ahead of the final.
- Football Celebration Cake: A half time treat, a delicious soft sponge football-shaped cake! At a price of just £8, it serves 16, big enough to feed the full squad at home
- Pizza and Peroni - Asda is expected to sell over 45 million packs of beer and over 1 million pizzas, which is the equivalent height of the leaning tower of Pisa. The Detroit sharing pizza is dropping to half price from £4.50 to £2.25 from Friday.
- Kane the BBQ – On Sunday alone it's estimated that Asda will sell 200,000 individual burgers, equivalent to 19 tonnes – the equivalent of 10 Hackney Carriage Taxis.
Asda Colleagues doing a ‘Sterling’ Job
- Substitutions: Colleagues working nights or in depots who want to watch the match can work with their teams to make a substitution, with a shift swap. Stores and Depots can show the game in colleague areas and wear their football shirts.
- Delivery is a ‘Stones’ Throw away – our Leeds-based Home Shopping Centre is set to rename all their fleet of vans dedicated to the current squad, with Leeds player Kalvin Phillips leading the pack!
- Harry Kane in Asda. Asda’s very own Harry Kane, who works in the Shoeburyness store is backing the team to win the final – you can find out more here
- Asda Southgate has temporarily changed its name in homage to England football manager – “Asda Gareth Southgate”! More here
- Pizza the action – Our colleagues have been getting creative on the pizza counters with good luck messages made out of pepperoni, and a special shirt dedication to Harry Kane. Pictures and details here.
An Asda spokesperson said: “Operation ‘It Asda Be Coming Home’ has been a tactic we’ve been planning for a while and, following Wednesday’s heroics, it’s now kicked off.
"Colleagues who want a substitute on their shifts are able to organise this with their team and extra bangers, burgers and booze are being delivered to stores in anticipation for a sales surge.
“We’re prepared, the England boys are prepared, hopefully our customers are prepared – it’s coming home!”